Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Nina Ricci- L'Elixir


So, somewhere between moving back from Spain and now, I managed to lose my beloved Vera Wang Princess Night perfume.I have to admit I'm not a bit perfume person, I tend to stick to one at a time which is why I was gutted when my Vera Wang was no where to be found. Therefore, when I had a fair bit of time to kill in Budapest airport on my way back from Interrailing, I started eyeing up the perfumes. I knew the Nina Ricci perfumes were more up my street than the more traditional perfumes like Chanel and Dior and got sniffing. Nina Ricci L'Elixir is what I settled on.

Much like Vera Wang, it's quite a fruity and sweet fragrance that thankfully isn't too sickly or overpowering. Its top notes are lime and lemon making it a bit more citrus-y than Vera Wang but the familiar sweetness comes from the base notes of apple, jasmine and red berries. The scent settles nicely into your skin and that's when the sweetness come out.

Of course, it is housed in the iconic Nina Ricci apple glass bottle with a darker red at the top than the original Nina perfume, which make it very pretty to look at as it sits on my dressing table.

I snapped it up in the duty free and made use of some left over Euros I had so I'm not sure what price that equates to but it normally retails for around the £40 for  50ml bottle.

Do you have this perfume or something similar?
Send recommendations my way!
xx

2 comments:

  1. I have a bottle of this perfume ( which has been bought in duty free too). It's my favorite beside Rihanna's perfume ( the 1st fragrance)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this smells absolutely incredible, I remember smelling it in the shop && can't believe I didn't buy it xx


    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1