Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Product Review- Bioderma Micellar Sensibio Water


I know what you're thinking- that I'm a bit late to the party with this one. But the fact is that I've been dying to try Bioderma ever since I saw the first posts about it doing the rounds on Blogger. It sounded like some HG product for taking off make up but of course, to being with, you could only seem to get in France. Well I was walking around Granada the other day and spied this in the window of a pharmacy. I hadn't seen it sold anywhere else so instantly jumped at the chance.

And to be honest, it is absolutely fabulous for taking off make up. One of my biggest gripes with a lot of facial cleansers or make up wipes is the way that it a)stings your eyes or b) you have to rub your eyes really hard and still end up looking like a panda. Well not with Bioderma. I apply it with a cotton pad before I go to bed and simply hold it to my eye for a little while and it just comes off with one wipe. Without stinging either, as long as you're not too overly generous with how much you use. It also takes off foundation pretty well too although it should be remembered that Bioderma is not a cleanser. It's not going to give you the deeper cleaning that you expect with a cleanser. Ideally, you want to be using this before you wash your face properly to ensure that all your make up is off before you hit the pillow. This is the standard bottle that is designed for sensitive skin but I believe you can also get one designed for oily skin also, although I'm yet to spot it anywhere in Spain. Another handy little perk is the packaging which has a little pump that you press a cotton wool pad on. It's by no means essential but is a good way to control how much you're using. One pump is equivalent to one mascara-ed eye I find.
A drawback is the price. I bought this for 20 euros which is roughly £17 but you do get a bottle of 500ml which I suspect would last a rather long time. You can buy Bioderma online in the Uk and I'm sure I heard rumours of it arriving in Boots, but I'm not sure. If anyone can confirm, let me know. Or, of course, the next time you head on a little EU holiday, be sure to check out the pharmacies!

Hope you guys are keeping well and warm!
The winter has arrived very suddenly here in Granada.
xx

3 comments:

  1. Bioderma is pretty good but so hard to get hold of and more expensive here in the UK :(
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so tempted to try this but just put off by the price.. Think I'm gonna go for it now! Xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever do videos? I'd really love to watch some on your blog :) xox

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1