Thursday, 5 September 2013

Bills Brighton And Gelato Gusto


Sorry for being a bit awol from the blogging scene. My boyfriend has been down for the last couple of days so we've been busy getting out and about and enjoying this sudden flare of nice weather we've been having in England. One of the nicest days was conveniently the day we headed into Brighton so I though I would share the snaps of that day.
Our first stop was Bills for lunch. I had always wanted to go to Bills but had never gotten round to it so we headed down to the ex bus depot restaurant, not far from the station. I went for a pink lemonade and the houmous and halloumi burger which tasted incredible and lasted all about 5 minutes before I had eaten it. The boy had a half chicken with rice, which would normally sound fairly dull, except the chicken was chargrilled and smoky and the rice seasoned and aromatic. My one reservation was the price which had always seemed to be just that tad over priced but the flavours and location won me round.
We didn't stay for dessert as we headed over to one of my other favourite food places in the Brighton North Laines- Gelato Gusto who do some of the nicest gelato I've tasted  and initially won me round with their perfect pistachio ice cream. We shared 3 scoops between up- hazelnut, salted caramel and pecan and the beast that was Ecuadorian dark chocolate which was the real winner. It put all other chocolate ice cream to shame. It was so rich and gooey. NUM. That also didn't last long.
And eventually, we walked allll the way round Brighton, all through the Laines and through the Pavillion gardens where I took some picture for an OOTD which will be making an appearance shortly.

Hope you're all enjoying the last burst of sunshine
xx

5 comments:

  1. Your burger looks amazing! I think I could eat it in about 5 minutes too. I would love to go to the gelato place as well. The most I have near me is a chippy that sells really good ice cream :/

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted as good as it looked aha
      Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  2. Looks so lovely!!

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to brighton mid August for my boyfriends birthday for the first time in years and we also went to bills twice for breakfast. The place is amazing, the food is brilliant - i had eggs benedict which was soooo good & my fella alo tried the pink lemonade. He actually said 'did she steal your photo' haha!

    www.notyouraverage.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The breakfasts are on the list for next time I go!
      Thanks for the comment

      Delete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1