Sunday, 11 August 2013

Product Review: NARS Sheer Glow

nars sheer glow foundation barcelona
nars sheer glow foundation barcelona
nars sheer glow foundation barcelona

NARS Sheer Glow in Barcelona

You might have seen on Twitter a while ago me tweeting about being in beauty blogger torture, agonising over whether to buy NARS Sheer Glow foundation. I had gone into my nearest Space NK to be colour matched but walked away from it and it's hefty price tag, instead deciding to think on it and give myself a chance to see how it settled on my skin for the rest of the day. I naturally fell in love with in with it and spent a good few days arguing over it in my head.
Then, brainwave! ASOS stocks NARS. And ASOS also does student discount. But to top it off, to show it really was a sign that I should buy it, Barcelona was one of the 5 shades stocked by ASOS and they were having a up to 30% off of beauty products for 24 hours on the day I happened to be looking it up. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.

I've included a picture of make up less face so you can see just how good the coverage is. I had dark pigmentation/fade marks on my skin and it does a damn good job covering them all up. In the other photo, I am wearing just the foundation, no concealer nor anything for the bags under my eyes. It's incredibly good coverage without being cake face. A lot of people describe this foundation as being dewy which would perhaps put off people with oily skin like myself. However, I would add that it does not make you look greasy in any way and instead gives off a rather flawless complexion. I can see why it's hyped up so much. Another surprise is that it didn't slide after a few hours walking around in the humid heat, unlike my previous favourite Hello Flawless by Benefit which is also a water based foundation.
NARS themselves recommend application by fingers which I tend to not do, out of habit. I used Real Techniques Foundation Brush and Stippling Brush, both of which worked very well, although I think you would use more product with the foundation brush.
The only slight disappointment is that, like other high end foundations such as MAC and Estée Lauder, it comes in a glass bottle without a pump, which you have to buy separately. However, if you're stingey like me and don't want to fork out extra money, you can still survive with a steady hand and a gentle tap.

And that's my glowing review of NARS Sheer Glow.
Do any of you have it? What are your opinions?
xx
P.S. Don't forget to check out my blog sale



9 comments:

  1. Wooo we're the same shade! :)

    Glad you went out and bought it. This is my HG. And I've been through a lot of foundations in my time, ha!

    You ned to let me know next time you spot a fab deal like you did with Asos!

    Lima

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing coverage! I'd love to try a foundation as good as this but now sure if it'd be as good on super pale skin?
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have a color called Siberia if I'm not mistaken and it's very very pale xx

      Delete
  3. I have it and I love it. I got the pump because it makes life much easier. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Sheer Glow, definitely one of my all time favourite products. For the record, your skin is amazing without make-up, I'm so envious!

    // DUSTERKNUCKLES //

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product looks gorgeous on you! I love the finish! As the commenter above said, you have beautiful skin naturally!

    xx Kim
    mainelyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried this before, but its sounds great from your review. I'm always on the look out for new products to try. Bring on pay day! Ha x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to try this foundation, looks so good! <3

    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been dying to get this foundation but like you said the price tag hurts. ouch! lol
    It looks amazing on you and great coverage :)

    Keep in touch and
    check me out on

    http://fashionqueen294.blogspot.com/

    and

    http://www.youtube.com/user/BAMqween2025

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1