Thursday, 29 August 2013

My Make-Up Storage

I decided on a whim today to finally photo my make up storage. This is the first time ever that I've got a proper table and units set up. For many years before, I just had a box on the floor.... but floor box no more! My gorgeous little dressing table is actually a second hand table that I DIY-ed and now I thought I'd show how I've got it all set up.
My table is quite handy as it has a little shelf in front of the mirror. Here I store a mixture of my daily hair and skin products and my two perfumes. Tucked away underneath is all my regular everyday make up which is usually sprawled all over the place rather than being so neat! I also have my plug/earring Buddha box that I inherited from my Dad.
To the left, to the left.... My make up storage. This was a little something that I bought from The Range, a homeware shop I know we have down South but I'm not sure where else. It's got three tiered shelves and a draw where I store all of the make up that I don't use as much any more. The first row is dedicated entirely to lip products and I'm pleased I've managed to downscale my number of lipsticks and then I have a few glosses and lipliners thrown in.
In the middle are blushers that I use regularly so the like of my NARS Orgasm and MAC Springsheen. The NARS ones slot in niely but MAC, being round, are definitely a bit more awkward to store.
On the top is a mix of everything. I have all my make up brushes, mainly eye ones that I don't use that often, sitting in the left corner, then eyeliners, highlighters and concealers and finally some foundations that I don't use much any more.
Behind in the left shelf corner, are a few other skin saviours such as Bio Oil, Tea Tree Oil and Germolene, which combined come together to form my ultimate spot fighting trio. Oh, and a happy little Buddha!
My table handily has a little draw underneath it where a few more beauty bits lie. Nail varnishes, hairgrips and hair bands, eyelashes and  face wipes. All the little bits and bobs you don't want lying around. They're kept organised by some little black drawers that I stole from an office organiser.

And there we have it, there's really not more to it than that.
Hope you enjoyed reading!
xx

6 comments:

  1. What a neat stash; so organised. Hehe, I really need to sort mine out! :P

    DMsChoice.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this! I'm so nosy hehe :) And i agree! Very neat, all my stuff ends up under my bed etc!

    IN MY SUNDAY BEST

    Sade XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dressing table is so cute. I love how organised you are :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses old boxes and bits of cardboard to separate their makeup up! It's such a pretty dresser too! :)

    restless-beauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Hazzie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your table and the vintage look. It's precious! I'm always using boxes for my make up, but i'm not as organised as you. I enjoy post like these :-)


    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, you're so organised :) I love your dressing table!
    Meg xx (new follower)

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1