Friday, 19 July 2013

MAC Modesty


MAC modesty lipstick
mac modesty lipstick rimmel spotlight beige
mac modesty lipstick rimmel spotlight beige swatch
mac chatterbox fanfare modesty lipstick rimmel spotlight beige swatch
L-R. MAC Chatterbox, Fanfare, Modesty and Rimmel Spotlight Beige
mad modesty lipstick

MAC Modesty is a recent acquirement thanks to the duty free MAC stand in Gatwick North. I was looking for a nice new nude, nothing to pale that would drown me out. They didn't have Blankety, so Modesty caught my eye instead. Modesty is a cremesheen finish and described as a muted nude. I've compared it against my other favourite nude, Spotlight Beige by Rimmel. As you can see, Modesty is a bit more pink-y with a purple undertone than Spotlight Beige which is more peach based. I've also included for reference the differences between those two and other MAC lipsticks- Fanfare (another favourite) and Chatterbox, a strong pink. I really like this colour as it's not too pale for my skin tone. I have Hue by MAC and found that it makes me look a bit anaemic as it's too pale for my colouring and I usually have to warm it up a bit by adding some pink in. As Modesty, as it was described, is a muted nude, I think this lipstick would be equally suited to darker and lighter skin tones. It's very wearable for the daytime and looks equally good for a night out with a bit of extra lipgloss on the top a la Kim Kardashian.

I'm sorry it's been a while since I blogged. I've started on redecorating my room and so it looks like a bit of a bombsite at the moment and all the repainting has been taking up a lot of my time. But it's a learning curve at least. I learnt all about caulk and different sanders- oh the thrills!... I'm about half way done now and then it's just the finishing touches. It's been good having a good clearout. It's so easy to accumulate years of junk without even realising, especially since I've had to move everything out of my student house!

So that's what I've been up to recently!
Hope you guys are enjoying the nice warm weather!
xx

5 comments:

  1. YAY a shoutout to Fanfare! why don't people talk about this more? its my fave shade :)

    http://www.whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this last week from duty free too! Its my first mac lipstick and really happy with the shade I picked! Beth May Blogs
    My Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these type of nude shades - looks like a dead ringer for YSL Rouge Volupte in #3 too!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that shade! reminds me of topshop's beatnik

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those shades. Cant believe ive never tried MAC lipsticks myself yet, they look so lovely and i keep seeing them all over the place.

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1