Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Egypt



Yes I have returned from Egypt after a lovely and relaxing holiday in Taba, Egypt. I'm thoroughly bronzed with stupid tan lines and have even  come back to nice weather back home! We crashed for a week in the Sofitel Hotel. There wasn't much to do in the local area but I was quite happy swimming in the pool and relaxing with a good book. Both Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and And The Mountains by Khaled Hosseini who is one of my favourite writers were my companions for the week.
We were planning to go to Jerusalem but the Thomson price didn't include the border fees and taxes coming in and out of Israel so it took the trip a little out of our budget and decided it would be best to make the most of what we could do locally, including my first snorkelling trip on a sail boat. I 'found' Nemo, saw a lionfish (which I didn't know were poisonous) and even managed to spot an octopus lurking in some rocks too. I really wish I had taken an underwater camera.
The weather, as you would expect, was pretty damn hot, but because you're on the coast there's a pretty strong breeze which is an absolute blessing around mid day when it gets up to about 40 degrees. The only downside to the whole trip was a brief upset stomach in the second night and the 3, getting on for 4 hour delay on the way out and a return journey back at half 1 in the morning. Now I'm planning to spend the rest of the day catching up on The Returned, Luther and The White Queen and having a nice long nap.

It's good to be back and I have plenty of blog posts planned!
Hope you guys are good!
xx

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome holiday. I would love to see an octopus, favourite animal :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god I went here a few years ago and LOVED it!! Everything about it - especially the fact you could just go snorkelling by the beach as well. You're right there isn't much to do is there? But the hotel is so big and walking along the beach is just nice and relaxing - what more could you want! We did take the little taff taff bus thing to somewhere where there were little shops but think it was part of another hotel. Anyway, glad you had a nice time - brings back happy memories seeing your pics :)

    Jo xxx

    http://fiftysixfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous phot's! Looks like you had a great time!

    DollfaceBlogs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Taba once and I totally loved it! It's so pretty there! I will definitely go there once again xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1