Saturday, 29 June 2013

Product Review: BiOrganics Salon Secrets


BiOrganics Replenishing Shampoo.Replenishing Treatment. Hair Perfecting Oil.

It was after a #bbloggers chat on Twitter a few weeks ago that I spied a tweet from BiOrganics asking if any bloggers would be interested in reviewing some of their products. Having already dabbled into sulfate free shampoo's, I jumped at the chance. BiOrganics are, as the name suggests, an all organic haircare brand that believes in no animal cruelty, is vegan and vegetarian. Their shampoo's are free from Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS), parabens and artificial colours or perfumes, making it a good product for people with sensitive skin- they have no unnecessary or harmful chemicals.

These are the products I was sent- the shampoo, the treatment and the hair oil, all of which contain argan oil, wheat proteins, lavender oil and ylang ylang. When I first started using it, the most immediate thing I noticed was the smell. It's quite a strong smell from the lavender and ylang ylang that together resemble the smell of those really strong medicated shampoo's. It's not unpleasant, but it might not be to everyone's taste.
The shampoo was as I expected. It cleaned my hair basically. The product claims to tame frizz but I have curly hair and live by the sea where it is both windy and humid in the summer so it's hard to tell whether it lives up to those claims. The treatment is essentially a conditioner and it does its job well as I leave it on to soak in while I get on with the rest of my shower. I like the fact that it comes in a pump bottle so you get just the right amount and a little goes a long way.
I couldn't help but compare the Elixir with the hair oil I usually which is L'Oreal's Mythic Oil. This oil feels much thicker and stickier in comparison but none of it transfers once the hair is dry and my ends feel nice and nourished. Another useful point is that the oil will help against heat so you can use it before straighteners or curlers on dry hair.
All three bottles retail for £35 making it quite pricey but I really appreciate the lengths they have gone to ensure their product is ethical and as natural as it can be. As I mentioned before, a little goes a long way so you can really stretch their worth out. There aren't many stockists but all of their products are available online.

Hope you found this review useful
Do you use any organic hair care products?
xx


3 comments:

  1. They sound lovely!
    Ive been meaning to transition to sulphate free shampoos! Deffo gonna try this.

    BlogLovin' | Blog | Facebook
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This range sounds amazing I will need to search it thanks for sharing x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really glad that you enjoyed using our products. Thanks for such a great review, we're really glad that you like them! Keep in touch.
    With love for your hair,
    biOrganics

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1