Monday, 24 June 2013

A Collective Summer Haul

H&M Checked Blouse.  New Look Raspberry Maxi Skirt. H&M Black Denim Skirt. New Look Scarf. H&M Vest.
Bershka Dress
H&M Heels
Piz Buin Oil. The Prisoner of Heaven. The Silver Linings Playbook

This is a bit of a collective haul from the past month or so. I've been trying to get a few bits together for my upcoming holiday and stuff that has generally caught my eye. We're off to Egpyt so bearing in mind it's going to be bloody hot, I've tried to pick up a few cheap items that I can wear around the hotel resort and can just slip on over my bikini. However, we're taking a trip into Jerusalem because we're going to be right up near the Israel Border (Taba basically) so I had the challenge of finding something nice to wear that would cover me up enough. Enter the gorgeous maxi skirt I bought from New Look who have loads of maxi skirts in different skirts at the moment. I think they're a perfect summer essential for when you want to be covered but cool. I'm going to pair it up with a loose long sleeve top and the New Look scarf so I can cover my head if I need to. I also discovered to my bank balance's despair that a Bershka had recently opened in Brighton so I picked up this cute strappy black top aswell. Apart from that, I have trawled around the shops but wasn't overly impressed with anything. I was gutted to find out that a pair of Topshop Adonis boots in the sale had been mis-sold as a 7 and 8, otherwise, I would have snapped them right up as they've sold out pretty much everywhere and disappeared off the website not long after.

The books I've shown you are two of three that I bought in preparation for the holiday but I've already ready two of them because I'm a massive book nerd when I have the time to be. The Prisoner of Heaven is the last book in a trilogy by my favourite author, Carlos Ruiz Zafon. The first instalment is named Shadow of the Wind and Angel's Game, both of which I recommend. It's translated from the original Spanish (which I'm also attempting to read) but Zafon is an amazing author who creates an enchanting image of the city of Barcelona during the Franco regime. It's got a little bit of everything- romance, action and mystery by the bucket load. I couldn't recommend it more.
The Silver Lining Playook I'm sure you've all heard of but after enjoying the film so much, I decided I wanted to read the original. Without giving too much away, it's actually quite different from the film but written so well- you can really get a sense of Pat's thinking as he comes to terms with his past. I would say, if you enjoyed the film, and want to get deeper into the storyline, give this a read. 

In other news, I've made a start on my room revamp and am looking forward to getting stuck in once we come back from holiday- I'll be taking plenty of picture, don't you worry aha. I desperately need book recommendations so please, throw them at me!

Hope you guys have had a good day
xx

8 comments:

  1. you have a great blog. Should we follow each other? Let me know. Have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff, I like the dress, is pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great purchases
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some lovely stuff. I like the red-pink maxi skirt you bought, it's so nice!

    Kathryn x
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you have bought, your blog is just lovely, keep up the good work :)

    I'm hosting a ASOS giveaway on my blog, pop over and have a look if you want

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow looks amazing! great pics hunny

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1