Sunday, 26 May 2013

Recipe: A Twist on Eton Mess



*Warning- extremely sweet*

Like anyone going through exams at the moment, you naturally find ways to avoid the work you really ought to be doing. My answer- making Eton Mess but with a twist! I'd been craving strawberries quite a bit recently so finally caved and bought some from a nearby greengrocer and this is what I came up with. The ingredients are strawberries, meringue, light condensed milk and desiccated coconut. In the extra big one I made for James, I also put in a bit of strawberry jam at the bottom. It's so good but so incredibly sweet so for a healthier alternative, use Greek yoghurt instead of the condensed milk- less calories and lessens the sweetness a little. It really hit the spot and I thought I would share it with you guys. The great thing about Eton Mess style desserts is that you can change around the ingredients to be as healthy or as indulgent as you like.

Hope you guys like! 
What would be your combination?
xx

9 comments:

  1. These looks so lovely and look like the perfect revision distraction/treat :D Eton Mess is one of my favourite desserts!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks lovely! I love Eton mess my favourite dessert.

    Sophie
    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this just looks amazing! I need to have this in my life!!

    Emily
    http://bambisbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious and so colourful!
    Its always lovely to get a little distraction from stress
    Good lick in your exams

    Thank you for sending me your link on twitter!
    International 750 Follower Giveaway
    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks yummy! xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. I love really sweet stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious!!! makes me want to cheat on my diet!!!

    http://the-petite-polka-dot.blogspot.com

    Xx
    love from bbloggers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! That looks delicious! I do love condensed milk. I'll have to give this a try.

    Sada
    Flutterby Bakery x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1