Sunday, 19 May 2013

Benefit Sunbeam Highlighter



If you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen me tweet lusting over Benefit Sunbeam. Every time I see it, I just think it looks like the perfect golden highlighter and even more perfect for summer. So, in the middle of exam season induced shopping trip, I bit the bullet and picked it up in the nearest Boots. The result was a lovely little bottle of pearlescent gold highlighter. The little instructions booklet that comes with it recommends it being used on the cheekbones and under the eyebrows, but it could be used on any feature that naturally catches the light. It's actually quite sheer and I was surprised it wasn't as noticeable as I thought it would be. Having said that, I didn't want it to look like I dumped my face in a pot of gold glitter. I also have Girl Meets Pearl from Benefit and they are quite similar but GMP is pinky toned which might be better suited to fairer skin rather than the gold in Sunbeam that would work with olive and darker skin tones.
You can blend it out with fingers but I found it worked really well with my Real Techniques Stipling brush. I also like to blend it either with my foundation or my moisturiser if I'm going for a no make up sort of look. Make me look a bit more alive. You can see it applied on my cheekbones in the last picture and it really is a nice subtle glow- after all, it is a highlighter and not a bronzer, however I do think the two would work well together for a nice bronzed summer look- if we ever get a summer...!

Benefit Sunbeam retails at £19.50 and is avaliable in most Boots and Debenhams.
What do guys think of Benefit highlighters?
Hope you're having a good weekend!
xx

13 comments:

  1. This looks lovely on you!

    http://beautysupergirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product, looks super gorgeous on you!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like the Benefit highlighters. They're subtle, not too obvious and makes your skin glow like it's healthy.

    It looks fab on your skin tone. Need to get sun beam, I have a sample of the originl high beam.

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it really does work well with olive and dark skin tones but I agree that Benefit highlighters are amazing

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, it looks so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benefit Sun Beam is definitely one of my holy grail products! I wear it everyday.
    Bekki Inguz-Fashionx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably will once we get any sun!

      Delete
  6. I love Sunbeam, it's just really pretty and subtle, it does look great paired with bronzer :)
    Fingers crossed that we do get a summer!
    Also, you are ever so pretty mrs.
    Hope you're well?
    Your newest follower,
    Laura xx

    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw it looks lovely on you, gorgeous colouring. I bought this too but it's still in box :)

    Love Kate at prettylittleus

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1