Wednesday, 8 May 2013

25 Facts About Me


I'm in a bit of a blogging funk at the moment- I haven't really been shopping much- either clothes or beauty- and it's getting to that point in uni that deadlines and revision have actually taken over my life a little and that's about all I have time for at the moment. So, I though I would do 25 facts about me. the 50 facts tag was floating around blogger a while ago but I don't think I could come up for 50 interesting enough facts so 25 it is!

1. I HATE baked beans. Just NO. Get them away from me. I can be around them but something about them just makes my stomach churn, particularly the smell.

2. I have a big long scar on my left leg. You might be able to see it on some OOTD's if I have my legs out. Unfortunately, there's not an interesting story behind it- I just fell off a wall when I was about 6

3. I'm incredibly impatient. Especially when it comes to food. If I go out for dinner and it doesn't come within 10 minutes, I start getting antsy.

4. I'm also incredibly scatter brained. I have a tendency to put things (keys!) down and then completely forget where I put them. I think I've spent half my life looking for things I think I've lost.

5. I apparently have really weird ways of eating certain things. I always eat my sandwiches in a particular way, apples as well, and I always cut meat (like steak) into squares.

6. I'm rubbish at public speaking. Seminar presentations are my worst nightmare, especially if they're in Spanish and Portuguese. I tend to stumble over my words and then it looks like I have no idea what I'm saying

7. I've never broken a bone (touch wood)

8. I have a younger sister and we are complete opposites of each other.

9. I hate living in the UK, mainly because of the weather. I would totally sum up living in the UK as grey. Grey grey grey. And cold for 8 months of the year and mild and humid for the other 4.

10. I plan to travel South America after I finish my degree. It's always been on my to-do list and I want to do it before I get stuck into a job with no way out. At this point, I'll be two years 'behind' everyone my age but it'll be worth it.

11. I do bellydance at my university and I absolutely love it.

12. I am a road rage driver. Where I live, there are a lot of old people who drive around at like 20mph and it drives me nuts. Unfortunately, I've just scrapped my car so I'll probably be a rage cyclist instead now.

13. I can hold my drink quite well and am definately not a lightweight. But I absolutely hate beer.

14. I almost drowned when I was younger and consequently, didn't learn to swim very well as I was terrifed of being in water. Like I wouldn't jump into the shallow ends of the baby pool.

15. I LOVE New Girl. I want Nick Miller and his grumpy turtle face. It comes out in America on Tuesday evenings and it's first thing I do on a Wednesday morning.

16. Sleep is really important to me. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a lazy student, it's actually really linked in with me immune system. If I don't get enough sleep over a couple of days, I get ill straight away. And if I have a bad nights sleep, when I wake up in the morning, I have a sneezing fit. That my warning sign I'm gonna get ill

17.  I tend to avoid conflict and don't hold grudges. Ain't nobody got time for that. 

18. When I was younger, I used to write a lot of stories. I still have about 10 notebooks full of my creations. The best one I ever did was around 45000 words and I actually started rewriting it a while ago. I'll give it another shot in the summer.

19. I'm really blunt and will say the things that everyone is thinking but no one would say. I don't do it to be crass but that's just me but more often than not, it actually makes the situation funnier.

20. I'm beginning to suspect I'm lactose intolerant and anything with caffeine in doesn't sit too well with me either.

21. I had braces for two years and was on the verge of having to have my jaw broken and reset due to an underbite. Instead, I just had a few teeth taken out and moved around. Not many people notice it but I'm missing on either side the teeth that got between the front teeth and canine teeth on the upper jaw.

22. I stretched my ears and had plugs for a while when I was in my teens. I took them out because I missed wearing earring. Ironically, now I never wear earrings and am considering stretching them again. 

23. I hate flying. Not because of heights or fear of crashing but because I have really bad issues with my ears popping and nearly always end up with vertigo or terrible earache or being deaf....

24. I've been wearing glasses, probably for over 10 years now but I actually prefer them to contacts. I feel all exposed and naked without them.

25. I am always cold. Even in summer (at least in England I am) Hands and feet are the worst and they are my chosen weapon of torture again the boyfriend :P

So there you go. 25 random as facts about me.
Do we have anything in common? Let me know!
xx

11 comments:

  1. Me and my sister are complete opposites as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be really similar to you! Also you are really pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you! Thank you

      Delete
  3. I hate flying too, scary as! I love your shorts btw <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this we have quite a bit in common! #4,7,9,16,17,25!!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a wonderful weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we do have a lot in common aha
      Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  5. Hi,

    i just found your blog on the #bbloggers chat and i just had to check your blog out :) new GFC follower keep up the good work :)
    I would love it if you could check mine out :)
    http://zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    Zara (Bows and Pearls)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm glad you liked it!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. great post :)
    you are so awesome!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1