Tuesday, 2 April 2013

What Do I Wear To The Gym- New Gym Gear


nike dual fusion trainers pink grey
nike dual fusion trainers pink grey
h&m sportwear neon pink top
h&m neon orange sportwear top
h&m neon orange sportswear t-shirt

I don't really know if I mentioned it on my blog before but at the start of this uni year, I bought a gym membership, aiming to get the most out of it as I could. It started off slow until when I went back in January after the New Year when I decided to really step it up and go as much as I could work into my timetable. So I thought I would share with you what I wear to the gym and also include a bit of a mini review on some recent gym purchases.

When I started off, I bought only the cheapest yet most appropriate clothes I could find on SportDirect- this included a cheap pair of Reebok trainers and a pair of USA Pro leggings- but more on them later. But, the more and more I did, the more it made sense to actually invest in what I was using. The main issue was my trainers which weren't giving the right support ( I have really flat feet) which was leading me to overstretching my calves and the ligaments in my feet. If you're going to start really hitting the gym, I cannot stress more the importance of good footwear. And that's where my new trainers come in. They are the Nike Dual Fusion trainers in grey and pink. I only got grey because they were out of white but I'm not that fussed. An oh my! The difference it makes to have trainers that are sturdy, that support you and are really really comfortable... seriously, I want to wear them all the time. And, of course, from a girly angle, I love the pink and orange on them too and coincidentally match my new purchases.

I always used to just throw on an old T-shirt when I went to the gym- and I still think that's a great option if you don't want to wear anything tight. However, I was in H&M recently and I was drawn to the bright, neon orange and pink gym tops. They're around the £15 price mark so are quite reasonable in price. I have one T-shirt and 2 racer back vest that fit like a dream. The pink one actually has a built in bra, but, being in the larger chested department, I need a sports bra as well. I'm still using my M&S Sport Bra which I reviewed here. And this might sound really silly, but one thing I love about these tops is the material. They're really light weight and soft and -this is the sad bit- the best thing is is that they dry really quickly after the wash. That might sound ridiculous but if go the gym or go to classes quite regularly and live in a student house with no tumble dryer like me, the fact that these dry really quickly after a stint on the radiator is a god send! Also, if you are blessed with a smaller chest, they also have a really good colourful range of sports bras and crop tops!

Next on my purchase list is to try their leggings. I currently have my black USA Pro ones but I wouldn't really recommend as they have a tendency to stretch out after a few washes. Which is a bit annoying when you've got a good running stride but have to keep breaking it to hoick up your leggings. And, if you're like me, look at Sweaty Betty or Zaggora hotpants and spit out your tea in indignation and the price of them, around £25 for a pair of leggings is really not bad at all. If you have any other budget friendly recommendations for gym leggings, please let me now because I really do need some new ones ASAP.

I hope this was a helpful post
If you would like to know more about my fitness and health kick, let me know
xx




14 comments:

  1. They are a little more expensive, but I 100% recommend the Zagorra Hot Pant Leggings - i have the 3/4 ones and they're literally the only leggings that I'll wear! Normally I'm more of a wear-as-little-as-possible kind of girl cos I hate getting hot, but they're so comfy when I'm running - I absolutely love them!

    Rhiannon xxx
    THE BARBELLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. H&M has the best work out clothes, working for them means I get discount too! :)
    Keep us updated with your fitness progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you're lucky to get a discount! I will do once I make some progress!

      Delete
  3. Love wearing bright clothes to work out, makes it so much better than black! Great post, new follower!

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much better! Thank you for commenting

      Delete
  4. Ah I love these so much! Such beautiful colors and the shoes are to die for! <33

    I am having an International Giveaway on my blog and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win Chanel lipstick and some Maybelline goodies! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they all conveniently match :P

      Delete
  5. That's a gorgeous kit! You know you're doing something right when working out would be a good excuse just to wear such cute clothes :) I need to get myself proper trainers too, my scruffy old converse really aren't cutting the mustard!

    Bella | BELLAETC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god new trainers really do make a difference! Get some nice cute ones too!

      Delete
  6. Loving the shoes! I need some new workout gear! :)

    Natasha Carly x
    Pretty Little Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post with nice picture. I love shoes because Such beautiful colors. thanks for sharing

    Gym in Panchkula

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1