Sunday, 28 April 2013

An Oldie But A Goodie- Liz Earle Cleanse And Polish


Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser and Polish Toner

I know what your thinking. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish like two years late to the scene. But the truth of the matter is that this is my second time round with Liz Earle. I was bought it for Christmas at the time when this had just taken the blogging world by storm and as such, didn't feel the need to write about it. I mean, come on, it was everywhere. And since then, I've tried a lot of different skin care including Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean and La Roche Posay. But nothing has ever really come close to Cleanse and Polish. So recently when I had a horrible break out, I just thought sod it and bought it again. One of the key things I like about C&P is that it fantastic and removing makeup. Every last scrap of stubborn eye makeup just come straight off, no rubbing and without making my eyes sting and red. 
It does leave my face feeling a bit oily afterwards, which is down to all the essential oils (Rosemary, Eucalyptus and Camomile) in it but with a quick swipe with the toner afterwards, not a problem. I've always found C&P makes my face look so fresh and calms down any redness from blemishes. Both smell lovely and  herbal. I don't know quite how to describe it. I feel like the toner just has come with it- like they come as a pair. It's the cleanser that's the real winner here. You are supposed to use it with a muslin cloth but I've conveniently lost mine, but this helps to exfoliate the skin as well.
So really this post is just sharing a re-found love. Maybe if you didn't go for all the hype the first time round, it would be something you consider now. You can buy it online, in a lot of John Lewis stores and a very limited number of Boots. The Cleanser and Toner are both £13.25. Pricey but totally worth it in my opinion.

What are your thought on C&P?
Hope you guys are having a nice weekend
xx

13 comments:

  1. I've only just purchased this! I'm definitely late to the LE party.

    I quite like this. I've tried the Hot Polish Cloth Cleanser by Superdrug, it was okay but left me with panda eyes!

    This on the other hand, takes it all off!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always curious about the Superdrug one- had heard some good reviews. But I always knew this worked a treat so just stuck with it

      Delete
  2. I got the set for Christmas, and I'm so in love with it! I've used loads of different cleansers and toners before, but like you said nothing really comes close. Great post!

    Sophie xo | thatswhatsophiesaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally the same happened with me. It is amazing.
      thanks for commenting

      Delete
  3. I'm only just getting into skincare (oopsy) and so I'm not sure what will work with my skin and what won't but I don't think I've ever read a negative review on anything Liz Earle so I'm thinking it'd be a good place for me to start! :)

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend it!
      Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  4. I went through such a phase of LOVING this - but i was convinced there was something better out there. On the look out for a new cleanser now and don't know whether to just go back to this one. Deff an oldie but a goodie!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always worth another shot in my eyes cuz it's such an amazing product
      Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  5. I couldn't live without my Liz Earle cleanser and toner. I've used it for years as my mam and nana have always used it.

    fashion--geek.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's like cemented into my beauty regime
      Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  6. Ooh I love their cleanse and polish, it's definitely a favourite of mine. Have you used their Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion I love it! Wakes my eyes up in the mornings xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried any Liz Earle products but now thinking that i probably should.. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. definitely even after I test other products for the blog I always return to Liz Earle although no matter what I use the instant boost skin tonic. It basically the tone in the cleanse tone moisturise part of the skincare regime, and it really removes all the dirt I do at least three to four sweeps with the saturated cotton wool until clean.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1