Sunday, 17 March 2013

What's In My Hand Luggage



As I've mentioned before, me and the boy are jetting off to Barcelona for a mini break tomorrow! I'm super super excited and even more so when I look at the weather forecasts and cackle to myself. Any weather that isn't English weather is better weather. But anyway, we're only taking hand luggage which is a bit of a hassle but saves about 20 quid and means we don't have to wait around for hold luggage and can dash straight to make our train connection back home.

Of course, being a girl, I would naturally want to take a handbag and a suitcase but the whole damn lot has got to fit in one suitcase of a certain size. And it also means any liquids are restricted to 100ml. Because of this, I ordered a few clear 100ml plastic bottles of Amazon and decanted my favourite must have with me products into them. I've also seen them around in Superdrug and I'm sure Boots would have them too in the travel section. All of this has to go in a clear baggy ready for security at the airport. I also didn't know that stuff like lipsticks or Vaseline count as liquids too. I'm going to give some of mine to James, as, being a boy, is taking diddly squat. I've also conveniently lost the lid to my foundation so I'm going to have to come up with a way of stopping that spurting out all over my clothes.

Make-up wise I'm travelling light and I'm planning to do some shopping when I'm out there anyway- can anyone say Sephora.... And then there's the important stuff like boarding passes, passport, chargers, adapters and a fully loaded ready to go Ipod. It's just a hassle I'll have to be in and out of my suitcase every time I need to show some paperwork. Oh, and another thing I can recommend is a little padlock for your case. Even if it's hand luggage, you never know who might target it and at least they way, you know your belongings are safe.

So that's my hand luggage. 
We fly out tomorrow afternoon but it's a long day- start to finish about 9 hours travelling
but I'm really looking forward to it and will be taking lots of photos, of course.
Until Saturday, hasta la vista!
xx

10 comments:

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1