Saturday, 30 March 2013

Product Review: John Frieda Haircare


John Frieda luxurious volume
john frieda frizz ease smooth start luxurious volume

I was recently contacted by a company working on behalf of John Frieda, asking if I would like to review some products. Naturally, I said yes, specifying that I had fine but curly hair and waited to see what would be sent my way. There was a bit of a delay because I had it sent to my home address and then obviously, I was in Barcelona for a while as well but when I got home, this is what awaited me. I was sent full size tubes of the Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Shampoo and Conditioner, Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow Out Spray and a small sample of Luxurious Volume Blow Dry Lotion, which was all very generous of them.

I'll start with the shampoo and conditioner. I first used after coming back from Barcelona and having spent the weekend in bed recovering, so my hair was in need of some serious TLC. They both smell nice, not of a scent in particular I would say, just a standard shampoo smell. The conditioner worked miracles in getting all the tangles out and after, I can say my hair felt really nice and smooth and clean. Unfortunately, that's all I can say for them. I used it a few times and I noticed my hair was looking a bit lacklustre... I had used it combined with all my normal styling products but my hair just seemed to be looking a bit limp and wasn't curling up as much as it usually does. My mum, who also has curly hair, also noticed the same thing so I think this range of shampoo and conditioner is best suited to those who already have straight hair and want to help tame any frizzy fly aways.

The blow dry products, I was dubious about from the start as I've never had much luck with these type of products and I tend not to use the hairdryer on my hair anyway. The Blow Dry Lotion didn't really do much for my hair or rather I didn't see a noticeable difference apart from it being a bit sticky on my hair but the one I was really impressed with was the Blow Out Spray! I applied it to my roots after all my usual styling products and then blow dried my hair with a diffuser and it looked so good! My hair needs a bit of a trim as the longer layer of my hair is getting a bit too long and normally doesn't curl up as well but with all these products working together my hair was really full and bouncy. I'm certainly impressed and this is the stand out product out of the four I was sent and I will continue to use it.

I think the shampoo was a hard one for me to review personally as I think I've become a sulfate-free shampoo convert since using the Organix Coconut range and John Frieda shampoos, like most big brands, include sulfates. However, I do like the Blow Out Spray and will be using this in my styling regime.

If you would like to know more about the range, you can check out the John Frieda website or alternatively, John Frieda's YouTube page which has loads of hair tutorials and demonstrations of the products in use.

I hope you like this review
Have you had any experience with these products?
xx

3 comments:

  1. I used this brand a few times the other week and I cant believe how much softer it made my hair feel compared to my usual products (TGI). It gave me an interest in a brand i perviously hadn't paid much attention too.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed something to get the tangles out! Maybe I'll try this!


    trinawears.blogspot.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1