Saturday, 16 March 2013

Oh No Look What Happened- NARS


nars mata hari blusher lipgloss giza belize
nars mata hari blusher lipgloss giza belize
nars mata hari blusher
nars mata hari blusher swatch
nars lipgloss giza belize
nars lipgloss giza belize swatch

NARS Lipgloss in Giza and Belize
NARS Blusher in Mata Hari

So the other day, I completely smashed one of my housemate's fancy wine glass. Just clipped it on the side of the drying rack and the damn thing cracked. I said I would replace it and it turned out that the wine glass really was a fancy one from House Of Fraser. I hated the thought of paying out for delivery as well just for one thing so to make it worth it, I decided to have a look through the NARS section... you know... to make it worth the delivery...

I've been curious about NARS for a while now and have always been super aware of their price tag. I really want to try Sheer Glow but having recently fallen in love in my new Benefit foundation, I didn't see any point in pursuing it. I toyed with getting the infamous Orgasm blush but I always thought it sound a bit overrated and why not go for something different.

And so this is what I ended up with. I've been getting a lot more into lipglosses recently and wanted to add to my collection. Giza is quite a warm peach and Belize a nice pinky neutral. Everyone knows that Turkish Delight is said to be Kim Kardashian's favourite but when I saw it in the flesh, so to speak, recently, I saw how pale baby pink it was and from past experience, I know those shades don't work well with my skin tone. I wore Belize out for a night out last night and absolutely love it, its a new favourite. Giza, I'm not so sure on yet and might have to wait until I've picked up a bit of a tan for it to work well.

As for Mata Hari, the first thing I thought when I saw it was holy crap that's bright. It's a fuschia blush with quite a blue undertone, I'd say. It is really well pigmented and nicely milled also so it's a fine powder when applied. But fear not! With a light hand with a blusher brush, this is perfectly work able with and gives a nice flush on the cheeks. Too heavy handed and you might end up looking like a china doll. I've been meaning to branch out a little with blushes- I pretty much only every use my Natural Collection Peach Melba so this is a nice change. I will let you know if it appears in any of my photos so you can see how it looks one. I'm too busy being a tramp and doing general house work before Barcelona to put make up today, sorry!

Tomorrow or, at the very latest Monday morning, 
I will have a post up on what I'm taking to Barcelona with me in my hand luggage. 
I have about half the photos taken but I'm a very last minute packer...
Hope you guys are having a good one!
xx

16 comments:

  1. I got Mata Hari recently but I still haven't used it. Belize is so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Belize- a new fave. Haven't use Mata Hari yet, but am eager too

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous looking makeup! Would love to try Nars products :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe as a birthday or Xmas treat! Saves you having to splurge

      Delete
  3. I really want to try some Nars foundation and bronzer! Heard its good xx

    http://lipgloss-and-lashes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, although I'm not a big bronzer wearer unfortunately :(

      Delete
  4. These all look so nice, good thing you broke that glass! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belize looks like the perfect colour for me, may have to give it a try.

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you had to justify making the order from House of Fraser, though I totally understand why you did it. Love what you bought from Nars, especially the blush! Looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg love the shades of the lipgloss! defiantly 2 colours I would wear.
    Now following your blog hun :) thanks for the link on chat tonight.
    I'm running a GIVEAWAY if you would like to enter.

    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Belize is a new favourite. Thank you for following <3

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It's very bright but such a nice colour! Thanks for commenting

      Delete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1