Sunday, 24 February 2013

Bournemouth Bloggers Meet-up



Top image thanks to Hannah

Yep so yesterday was the Bournemouth Bloggers Meet Up, organised by Hannah from BaileyCakes so I headed off on the train and managed to turn up at the right place at the right time, which was a small miracle in itself as both my bus and train were late. But hey, I got there. It was great to see so many people here this time, around double the number from last time. We all congregated in Yates for a chat, some food and then some icebreakers before the Wales v Italy rugby decided it was time to go. We also all got given a goodie bag, which had definately seen better days by the time I got it home, which included some John Freida goodies, a Lush massage bar, a ring from The Bohemian Collective, a hairband, a photo frame and a candle which is burning away as I type. We also got some sweeties and a cake pop from Holly who seriously needs to give me the recipe because it was so nom.

I headed to MAC and Space NK (which I did not now was there-mental note) with Brogan, Megan and Becca but unfortunately MAC was really busy and while all the NARS products in Space NK looked ever so tempting, I decided it would be best to wait, do some research on the best products and buy it another day. We did however walk down to Benefit in Debenhams where we got talked through some recent new products (Fine-1-1) and some new and upcoming products including a really nice eyeshadow palette- so look out for that! But the best bit was getting my hands on the Hello Flawless foundation. I remember being fairly impressed with last time I was at a Benefit counter. My MAC Face and Body is beginning to run out but I decided to try this one instead as I remember it being quite light but with god coverage. The lovely Sophie from the counter colour matched to the shade Honey and I'm really looking forward to using this! If you would like to see a full review, let me know.

It was a really nice day- there aren't many people you could spend a day with wandering in and out of beauty counters! Today is a chore day- doing food shopping (boo!), laundry (boo!) and tidying the mess that is my room at the moment (boo!) before the final dance performance this evening and we all head out to celebrate :3

Have a lovely, warm, laidback and lazy Sunday!
xx

8 comments:

  1. Awh, this is the second blog post I'm reading about this and it's so nice to hear about the bbloggers meet ups and how they went! You guys sound like you had such a good time and I would love to just shop around with fellow bloggers. Very jealous, but glad you all had fun :D

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to a blogging meet up, looks like a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely account of the day, it was so lovely to meet you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was so much fun and great seeing you again Leanne! I might have to pinch the picture with me and credit you of course xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I am sure you guys had a blast! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your link on twitter - I'm now following :)

    looks like you had a great time at the meet up. I'm going to the North meet up soon, which I'm really nervous about as it's my first meet up!
    that foundation looks great! I'd love to see a review?

    cllrs.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a really fun day, I would love to attend a blogger event :)

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds and looks like you had a lovely day. I recently went to a little meet up in Carlisle and really enjoyed chatting to like minded girls for a change :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1