Monday, 28 January 2013

Product Review: M&S High Impact Sports Bras



M&S High Impact Sports Bras

A bit of a different post from me today but if I come across something I like, I'll share it with you guys. And I am aware that this post might no apply to a lot of you but I hope it helps at least someone.
If you weren't aware, I'm quite well endowed in the chest area- both a blessing and a curse. And an absolute nightmare when it comes to tackling the gym. I spent most of my teenages years (I was an early bloomer too...) without a decent sports bra and running round the athletics track with one arm holding the girls down. A good sports bra is vital, not only to make you feel more comfortable but also to help support your boobs and not risk injury.

Finding a good plus size bra has only recently become a bit easier due to the high street finally realising that a lot of women go beyond a DD cup size. Sports wear and swimwear however, still has a way to go in my opinion. But we're getting there! After years of having a slightly grotty white one from Bravissimo, I cam across these sports bras in M&S. I promptly picked one up to try on and had a good jump around the change cubicle.

The first one is a gorgeous aqua fabric, very lightweigh and is underwired- something I was unsure of in regards to a good sports bra. I was worried that it would start to cut in and be uncomfortable after a good gym session. But, I'm happy to report that I had no problems whatsoever!It also has adjustable straps much like a standard bra but it can also be changed to cross over as well and has three hooks at the back instead of two for extra support. I also felt like the fabric wasn't just absorbing the sweat straight up and possibly a bit TMI, but I had two gym sessions planned two days in a row and didn't have time to wash it in between but the fabric didn't smell so I'm very impressed.

I have yet to wear the second one for a hardcore gym session yet but I did also try this one and gave everything a good jiggle about too. This one is not underwired but there is good support under the moulded cup so there's no need to worry about slipping out or anything! This is the one that actually caught my eye in the first place as I love the white and pink zip at the front- which is very easy to do up so no messing around with thousands of clasps at the back. It's made with a thicker fabric and I suspect will absorb more sweat and is probably more like to discolour after a while but it was so cute, I couldn't say no.

These two bras were £18 and £22 respectively and range from an A cup to GG
What's your experience with sports bras been like?
xx

16 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you.
    I bought a Nike Contour sports bra from Littlewoods as it said it was for running.. Yeah maybe if you have the chest of a 12 year old boy.
    There was zero support at all. I might as well have been wearing nothing.
    I sent it back and picked up one of the Shock Absorber ones and it was brilliant! I can jump around all I want without my chest moving at all.
    These M&S ones look good though I wish there was an M&S near me!

    x

    http://alltheprettythingsx.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you get to a certain size and a little jiggle is to be expected. I just want to feel secure and strapped down aha. As long as nothing comes flying out.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to M&S on Friday to find a sports bra so this has been rather helpful. Having big boobs and going to the gym is such a nightmare.

    Following from the #bbloggers chat (glampire_x)

    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from the #bbloggers chat & i'm now following you!(:
    paigeypumpkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nicer than the cheapy ones I buy! I'm not too blessed in this area so usually end up with budget primark bras!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a decent sports bra, i dont look it but i actually have pretty big boobies! It horrible doing exercise without a sports bra, but mine are getting too old, they can be so over priced!
    Really love your blog
    -Coral
    Corals Closet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definately say invest in a good sports bra! It's so important!

      Delete
  6. thanks for these reviews i have a larger bust and im always looking out for other peoples recommendations for sports bras :)
    I would love for you to check out my blog http://wise-rabbit-says.blogspot.co.uk
    Hope to see you soon
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work.BeUp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Usually I do not post comments on blogs, but your piece of writing has a zeal that matters to your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice post ! generally women with larger bust feel inconvenience in finding their accurate size bras. Thus, the existence of these plus size bras are an excellent addition to lingeries. For women, it is essential on her part to invest in a good bra as a single mistake in buying a wrong bra can disturb your entire daily schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can buy premium quality sports bra online from the New Balance India website.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1