Monday, 21 January 2013

Outfit Of The Day- The Doc's Are Out


flower Doc Martens boots

Coat- Zara
Scarf- H&M
Necklace- H&M
Jumper- Topshop
Jeans- River Island
And Doc Martens <3

So yes, in case you hadn't seen it splattered all over Blogger and Twitter, it snowed in the UK. And while I shudder at the idea of tramping through snow and ice, I am slightly happy that it is the perfect reason for me to dig out my Doc Martens. I've had them for yeaaaarrs and I don't wear them nearly as half as much as I ought to. So when the boy wanted to go for a walk as a revision break, I jumped at the chance.

Both the jumper and the jeans are new additions to my wardrobe recently. I had to return an item to Topshop- I hadn't worn it and tbh it was likely that I wouldn't ever, especially outside of the festive season. So I decided to exchange it for something I would be a lot more likely to wear and this jumper was the answer. I'm very 'meh' with a lot of the stuff in the shops at the moment but the stunning colour of this jumper made it stand out and despite circling Topshop for quite some time, this was the one thing I came back to. It's a very bright cobalt blue and I absolutely love it.

The jeans on the other hand are more or less because I really wanted some boyfriend jeans. I had had my eye on these from River Island for quite a while because I love the distressed rips in them. The only drawback is that I have to be careful when putting them on or else you end up putting your foot through it all.  I love how casual they are and I really want to pair these with heels and a t-shirt, come summer.

The next thing I'm after is a pair of really nice tailored peg leg trousers and I was just about to buy a pair when the boy pointed out that I might as well wait a while as I'm on a massive weight loss kick atm and there's no point buying them if I go down a size. So I didn't buy them but I thought it demonstrated that I'm really commited to losing weight. My first goal deadline is the middle of March when we go to Barcelona and I've lost 4lbs so far so it's pretty encouraging.

Anyway, I hope you life this outfit
Keep well
xx

14 comments:

  1. I love your docs! I wanted to wear mine in the snow today but the laces are spotty and I didn't want to get moaned at at school x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those docs!! They're amazing, and look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie, you sent me your link last night. Love your blog so am now following here & twitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you I'm glad you liked it

      Delete
  4. That's pretty! ♥
    Nice blog you have here dear!
    Check out mine sometime if you'd like ♥
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous outfits - aren't docs just the best? Fab snow photies! I'm def a new follower could you take a peek at mine and maybe follow back pleasE?
    Thank you
    Rachael
    x http://thenew62.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour of your jumper! The snood looks super cosy too <3
    Just found your blog via Twitter, new follower! :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous vibrant blue!
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  7. I adore that coat. I wish I had the guts to wear such wonderful and snazzy Docs, these put my plain ole grey ones to shame!

    www.dusterknuckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they make a good staple though

      Delete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1