Sunday, 20 January 2013

Healthy Breakfast: Banana Pancakes


banana pancake
banana pancake

So, this is my first recipe post and will likely not be the last. I don't do a huge amount of cooking but I'm a huge healthy eating push at the moment so I'm discovering new recipes and meals. I came across this recipe while browsing tumblr, thought I would give it a go and have since fallen in love with it. I've tweaked it slightly from the original and it makes the perfect breakfast. It's super easy and really healthy.

What you will need
1 banana
1 egg
Porridge oats
Mixed seeds (optional)
Cinnamon (not pictured)

1. Mash one banana in a bowl
2. Add an egg and mix well
3. Add around 2 table spoons of porridge oats, cinnamon and 1 tbsp of seeds if wanted and mix well
4. A tiny bit of butter in the frying pan and fry. Flip and cook until both sides are brown
5. Serve with honey and fresh fruit

And bon appetite. It's that simple and easy and I eat it all the time at the moment. The portions here will serve you two thick pancakes but obviously you can double up if you're catering for more. Or you can make extra and store in the fridge as it will keep for a few days. It will keep you full for longer and I would estimate it at being around 350 cals for the two pancakes including the seeds but excluding the fruit.

I hope you guys like.
 Let me know if you would like more recipe posts
And let me know if you try it and like it!
xx

12 comments:

  1. Ooh they look really yummy :) xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I really want to try this! It looks so yummy.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy and definitely puts my boring breakfast of weetabix to shame!

    Lindsay Frances | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look lovely! Will definitely give these a try xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. first thing tomorrow im getting me some porridge oats from waitrose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good. I may even try them this weekend as I had an american breakfast for the first time the other day and was saying how i'd love to make a fruit version! Thanks for the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems so easy, I LOVE pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pancakes looks delightful!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so healthy and delicious at the same time! I might have to give this a try xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1