Sunday, 9 December 2012

Lately 006- London


*Warning- Picture heavy*

Me and the boyf dashed up to London for a night on Friday and these are the results! We stayed in the Crowne Plaza hotel in Shoreditch at at absolute bargain price and we were very impressed with the quality. We were initially going to stay in a Travelodge/ Premier Inn but this ended up being cheaper! We were just round the corner from Brick Lane and although I really wanted to go, we simply ran out of time to do everything we wanted. We aslo got the National Express coach up there as, despite both having railcards, the coach was much cheaper and only half an hour longer than the train!

Our main aim of the visit was the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and to visit the Natural History Museum. While London was feeling very festive with all its pretty Christmas lights down Oxford Street etc, it was heaving (to be expected really) and I wasn't overly impressed with the Winter Wonderland. The same stalls were just repeated over and over again and it was no different, if not more generic, than the one we have running through the centre of Southampton at the moment. It just felt a bit cheap to me and maybe it was me, thinking that as it was London, it might be a bit more... chic maybe?

The Natural History Museum however was fantastic. Like all museums, it was free to get in and is huggggge. There's so much to see and take in, I'd definately recommend dedicating a few hours to it. It's also right net the V&A museum, which I stupidly didn't realise, so that's next on my to do list the next time I go to London. Over the years, I'm slowly doing all the 'touristy' thing in London like the museums and galleries etc. There's just so much to do, you run out of time v quickly.

I had a little bit of time to do some shopping but as you can imagine, Oxford Street, Carnaby Street etc on a weekend before Christmas was insane and I have to be in the right mood to be battling with crowds, mainly if I know exactly what I want. If not, it kinda sucks the fun out of having a good browse around. I will do a super mini haul with some stuff from Zara, Topshop and my MAC birthday presents from my boyfriend.

And that's been my weekend! 
Coming back to Southampton has been a bit of a crash landing into all the work I have left to do. It's the last week and I still have to finish off a few bits before I slip into holiday mode and head home for Christmas!
I hope you guys have had a great weekend!
xx

1 comment:

  1. beautiful pictures-i love the ones of the fair ground, one day i'll visit winter wonderland! x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1