Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Outfit Of The Day- The Midi



Jacket- Asos
Top- Topshop
Skirt- Topshop
Scarf- H&M
Gloves- New Look

Feels like I haven't done an OOTD in yonks! I know a lot of bloggers have been saying the same issue of light, especially now the clocks have gone back. I have the same problem as well as being at uni for the most part of the day. I'm usually too late coming back to get natural light and in too much of a rush in the morning to snap any. I managed to rig up some weird lighting concoction for these and it still isn't brilliant.
I also apologise for the quality of photos. My camera's always been a bit funny on timer mode and as you now its not an SLR. I am aware of the gritty quality but fear not, as I may be getting an SLR for my 21st birthday which is coming up very quickly! Which is great because not only will I be able to improve my blog but also I want to take it on my year abroad in Spain and get some really great memories

Onto the outfit! It's fair to say I've been bitten by the midi bug. I absolutely love them.  think they look smart, sexy and are great with tights and a pair of boots in the winter. This one is from Topshop and is crucially double layered which is great for the colder days. A lot of things I don't like about Topshop is how thin their material can be at times which always makes consider if it's worth the price. But this one really is! It ends literally where the bottom of the photos end so a few inches below the knee. It's a good thing the photo ends there though because otherwise you'd just be able to see the piles of crap on my floor!
I also snapped by these great pair of faux sheepskin gloves from New Look. They are so so soft! I'm one of those people that gets painfully cold hands (and feet for that matter) in the winter, so these are perfect for me!

8 comments:

  1. You look incredible! Love the top especially :) you manage to look cosy + chic at the same time!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit :) I love how warm the scarf and gloves look :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can never seem to manage to pull off a midi, i never know what to pair them with! this outfit looks awesome on you though!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about topshop stuff, not great quality often! I always check the seams to see if they are going to tear with wear! I'm turning into my mother, haha!
    I do like the skirt tho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look awesome :)
    I love your style!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you now lovely :)

    Http://fiftysixfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog. Very nice outfit, love your t-shirt!

    Hope you'll visit me, I'll be so grateful :)
    Kisses, Elena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya sweets,
    Thanks for sending the link. I Absolutely love this outfit. It geuinely reminds me of something that I would wear myself. I'm really into chunky knits at the mo - the cream/white ones look sophisticated against a black number.
    Looking forward to seeing some more OOTD.

    Keep in touch hun
    Love LiLi Xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1