Saturday, 13 October 2012

My Best Red Lipsticks


red lipsticks MAC ruby woo
red lipsticks

Right to Left- MAC Viva Glam, MAC Ruby Woo, Natural Collection Cherry, Topshop Rio Rio

I thought I would share with you my favourite red lipsticks and my thought on them. I'm a big lover of the red lip so finding the perfect shade and staying power is crucial.

The first one is the darkest burgundy shade I have and suits olive skin tones very well. It's also perfect for the dark reds that we see around in autumn/winter. It is a very matte finish and has great staying power.

The second is the infamous Ruby Woo- if you haven't heard of it, where have you been?! This is my go to pillar box red. Best used with a lip pencil to line to get the perfect red pout. This is also a very matte finish and can be a bit drying to make sure you have beautifully smooth and nourished lips first!

Third is Cherry by Natural Collection which is probably my second most worn. The shape of the lipstick is different to the conventional shape so it make applying it much easier. It's also really smooth and doesn't dry out your lips which is one of the reasons I love it so much. However it does have a tendency to travel/ bleed especially after a few hours so use a liner to keep it in check.

Last but not least in Topshop Rio Rio, one of the first Topshop lipsticks that I bought. I'm a massive fan of Topshop lipsticks in general- they all have a gorgeous creamy formula and I'd really recommend them. Rio Rio is quite orange toned and probably the one I wear least. I consider it to be much more of a summer red rather than a warm autumn red. Does that make any sense aha?!

Anyway, I hope you guys are having a nice weekend.
I'm sitting here with a nice big cuppa trying to keep warm. The glories of student life, aye?
Follow me on Instagram- LeaDee9 and Twitter- LeanneDoutre
xx

5 comments:

  1. The natural collection lipstick looks gorgeous! I definitely want to try it.

    http://emilylikessmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I remember my freezing cold student house haha. Loving the look of the natural collection one, really pretty :)
    http://lardygrub.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the MAC colour.

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love the natural collection one, must go find it!

    - ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that MAC Viva Glam lippy! I have it, it's one of my favourites! =D x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1