Sunday, 21 October 2012

MAC Haul

MAC make-up eyeshadow cranberry mulch woodwinked embark


Top Image- Left to Right Clockwise- Cranberry, Mulch, Woodwinked, Embark

As I mentioned in my previous post, I took full advantage of the fact that there is a MAC in Bournemouth. Even better, was the fact that it is inside a House of Fraser that was offering 10% off on that particular day. All the more reason to get my hand on some stuff!

I went with the intention of buying a x15 palette only to be told they had none as they were being redesigned, or something like that but they were still available to buy online. I said I wasn't bothered and that I would pick one up another time. I really want to start putting together my own palette as I only one Ricepaper at the moment.

These are the 4 shades that really caught my eye-
Cranberry- A red plum with shimmer
Mulch- A red brown with bronze pearl
Woodwinked- A warm antique gold
Embark- An intense reddish brown

They all come out fairly warm toned in the first photo but you can see the difference in the second. 3 of them are shimmery with Embark being the only matte shade, but perfect for using in the crease or to line the eye to avoid the harshness of a black line. They're all pretty autumnal colours, I've just noticed, but they all work well together as a colour scheme. And with my birthday coming up, I'm planning to get my palette and start adding to it.

P.S. Just a heads up, but I'm only 9 followers away from 100!
I know it's not many but it means a lot to me!
So in order to celebrate, when I hit 100 followers, I shall be holding a giveaway for a MAC lipstick of your choice!
 But if and when! I'm not going to force it!

6 comments:

  1. I just got Cranberry last Wednesday for my birthday, it's a gorgeous shade! I love wearing it all over the lid on it's own. I got 4 eyeshadows from the other half and they were my first from MAC. I had also planned to buy an empty 15 pan palette and fill it but I don't think I will anymore. I'd want to buy all 15 at the one time and it could get very expensive :-P

    Lx
    pandorasbasket.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cranberry has been on my wishlist forever. It WILL be my next MAC eyeshadow purchase xx Great post, following. Thank you for tweeting me your link.:)
    www.essjay23x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. woodwinked is one of my favourite eyeshadows ever, it's beautiful!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc. essie and more! it's worldwide too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice shades :) Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great taste in make up :) I'm not following you, your nearly at 100 :) eek! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very nice blog!

    Also visit my blog: Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1