Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Massive AA Disappointment & OOTD- Colour Blocking








Jacket- H&M
Black Top- Primark
Skirt- Topshop
Bag- Primark

I absolutely love the colour blocking trend and in a bid to introduce more colour into my wardrobe I bought the blazer and skirt a while back and the two together make the perfect colour combination, especially on a sunny day!

Now, I have a little confession to make. I have returned my Disco Pants. Well not exactly returned but I'll explain that later. Yep, after much deliberation and opinions from family and friends, I took them back (I'm very easily persuaded) However I have had an absolute nightmare with American Apparel. Why? Because they don't have a returns policy. End of. You cannot return/refund an item once you have bought it. And I was not aware of this when I impulsively bought them. You can only exchange and/or get store credit.

So I popped back into Brighton and was epically annoyed to find I had ventured out of my way back to Brighton for nothing as they didn't have any gift cards. And even if I wanted to exchange, unless it was to exactly the same value of the Disco Pants, any remaining credit would have to be placed on to the non existent gift cards. So a week, a complaint email (to which they didn't respond) and another train fare later, I successfully swapped them over for a pair of high waisted denim shorts, which to be fair, I will probably get a lot more use out of.

So yeah, I wasn't exactly impressed. I think the most irritating thing is- what company doesn't have a returns policy?! I cannot think of a single retail shop that doesn't give refunds. And I think it's a real swizz that you can only exchange, meaning in the end they still get all your money.

Anyway, rant over. I thought I should mention the whole returns fiasco because I think we so easily assume we can return items whenever. And if this helps one person notice this, then its been to use. Other than that, I think AA should put their policy in massive flashing neon lights next to their till...

Anyway, I'm off to work.
Have a lovely day xx

4 comments:

  1. These colors are gorgeous! You look great in them! That sucks about American Apparel though. Glad you were at least able to get something you would wear more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour blocking! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. argh cant believe AA dont do refunds that so annoying!! love the look! xx

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1