Friday, 10 February 2012

Health Kick: Exercise and my Weight Story



Weight
To anyone that knows me, they know that I am not a particularly pro-active person. I love sleeping in and I am incredibly forgetful and lack basic hand eye co-ordination the majority of the time. So it will come to no surprise that I hate exercise. And I mean hate.

I'm not ashamed to say my weight- I am by all means a healthy weight. I'm 5"8 and currently am around 11st 3. I'm also in possession of rather large ta-ta's- I'm talking way over DD cup here. And in a way they have a lot to answer for. When you exercise, it becomes way more uncomfortable and make you feel extra self concious and this is one of the reasons I really hate high impact exercise.

Around Christmas last year, I got a big wake up call as to how much weight I had put on after two years of college (the majority of my friends were guys and you know how much they eat...) I finally accepted I needed to do something and if you are struggling with weight, that can be the biggest step- being able to say enough is enough.

And so I changed my eating habits and really stuck to it, which is hard because I lack a lot of self discipline, and I lost a stone and since then, have never returned to that original weight, which I am proud of.

I was worried about coming to uni as we, as student, rely on carbs so heavily to feed ourselves and it's cheap. Whilst what I do eat hasn't changed hugely, one thing I have done is cut out red meat. I very very rarely eat it now- including mince, bacon and sausages! And another thing is portion size. Little but often really works for me. When I am full, I stop eating. Simple. If I have too much, pop it in the fridge and have it later.

Exercise
So that's food and I will hold my hands up and admit to the fact that I had a very lazy semester last semester. But not this one. I have 3 1pm starts at uni- I really have no excuse to sleep until then. So I'm taking the pro active stance, waking up earlier and doing a workout before I get up for the day. The trouble for me was finding something I like and sticking to it. I can't swim very well, I have asthma (currently bad due to the cold weather in the UK at the moment) and I want something that I can do in short bursts and this is what I want to share with you.


Tiffany Rothe
I came across her videos on YouTube entirely by chance but I'm so glad I did because I love her workouts. Every workout is divided into 10 minute sections so you can chop and change which one you want to do and build it into a 20, 30 or 40 minute workout. She incorporates a lot of bellydance and pilates moves as well as including cardio. Some include cardio more than others and that's the beauty of having it in 10 minute segments.

I've been recommending the videos to everyone and now I want to pass them on to you. Her YouTube channel with the videos are right here

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL as of late. The UK, and most of Europe, has been having a bit of a cold snap recently and I am not someone who appreciates cold weather and tend to regress into massive cosy jumpers and hoodies. I'm also getting sick to death of the lighting in my room. I hate hate hate with a passion artificial lights. They're just horrible. But hopefully, I will have a new camera by the end of next week, fingers crossed so we shall have to see how that works out :)

I hope this is of use to at least one person out there and for the rest of you, I hope you've had a good day! Speak soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1