Monday, 2 January 2012

FOTD and New Year Resolutions


A Happy New Year to you all :)
Today, I actually managed to get myself out of pyjamas today and make myself presentable. We are going out as a family tonight as it is my Dad's birthday- there's a steak calling me :D So I thought I would make an effort






With and without flash. 
My Blackberry contract *finally* runs out in about 2 months time so I'm looking into getting a new phone with a decent camera and already have my eyes on a Samsung Xperia on T Mobile. I've been with Orange for years now and I've finally had enough-just way too expensive now. Definitely something I'm looking forward to in the new year, my Blackberry has been driving me round the bend!
*mobile rant over*

I liked this look as it is a wearable warm smoky eye done with bronzes and shimmery pale golds, mainly done with the Sleek Storm Palette. My eyes are quite round though and I think my eyes look huuuge in the first photo O_o, don't you?

Face
 Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder
Collection 2000 concealer

Lips
Topshop Lipstick in Rumour Has It
Topshop Glaze in Antique

Resolutions
So, every year these are made and I never keep them. 
I have self disciple as strong as a jellyfish's arm...
But this year, I've only given myself a few that I can actually stick to.

1) Walk more-
Stop using my car so much when I'm at home and stop getting the bus back  to halls when I'm at uni. I do actually really enjoy walking, especially if I have my iPod on me. Laziness just gets the better of me the majority of the time.

2) Wear jeans less
Bit of an odd one but I really want to move away from wearing jeans so much. They're my go to item in the morning when the majority of my clothes would look just as good with a skirt. I will definitely have to be investing in more tights though.

3) Find a skin routine that works for me and damn well stick to it
I've always struggled with my skin. It's not terrible but it could be a whole lot better and I have a lot to answer for. People often say my skin is fine, to which I reply I've had plenty years practice hiding it. Either way, the Liz Earle is shaping up to be a winner so I might be on track with this one already!

And there we have it. I have a niggling feeling there was one more but if I've forgotten it already, it can't have been that important...
What are your New Year's resolutions?
xx



3 comments:

  1. THIS EYE MAKE UP IS AMAZING!

    MAGNOLIA MAGAZINE
    www.magnoliamag.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should definitely walk more too, and wear jeans less! You look lovely - I love your eyebrows x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such pretty hair :) I wish mine was curly!

    Louisejoyb xo | Bits&Bobs

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1